It‘s about YOU. YOUR ideas, YOUR inventions which have to be protected enforceably. And it’s about OUR trustworthy cooperation.
Winter, Brandl et al. is one of Germany’s major patent and law firms. We are working for you to secure intellectual property protection all over the world. We always think with an eye on products and markets and beyond purely legal terms: from selecting and designing the appropriate property right to the filing of a custom-tailored application.
international experience for more than 40 years
more than 150 highly qualified team members
product and market-oriented thinking
personal support and high commitment
We will advise you in any field of industrial property law and in any technical field.
When applying, defending and asserting your property rights we will represent you before the authorities in charge in Germany and the European institutions. You will profit internationally from our world-wide network of competent and experienced foreign colleagues.
History of the Firm
Our firm was founded in 1974 and, after continuous expansion, merged with the renowned Munich patent firm Weinhold & Partners in 1997. Meanwhile we have been operating under the name of Winter, Brandl, Fürniss, Hübner, Röss, Kaiser, Polte – Partnerschaft mbB. Having our offices in Munich and Freising we are in immediate vicinity to the European Patent Office and to the German Patent and Trademark Office.
After more than four decades of successful work we, being one of Germany’s major patent and law firms, attend to clients of any size and from all economic sectors across the globe. Persistent development and solidification of our departments guarantee your contact partners to be experts even in novel technical areas. We are entrusted with teaching assignments at universities and regularly hold seminars and lectures on intellectual property law. We thereby enjoy solid reputation not only in business circles.
No matter how different the various sectors and competitive situations, they all have one thing in common: they are sustained by good ideas. And they need a good attorney. For example, when competition threatens success of your product. Or, for finding support for your interests and strategic aims also in those very markets that are unfamiliar to you.
We therefore make it a rule to think, advise and act not only in purely legal terms, but also with an eye to products and markets: from selecting and designing the appropriate protective right for your idea to the filing of a custom-tailored application - always with the aim of obtaining optimum protection for your intellectual property at reasonable costs, and asserting your rights in a case of conflict. We offer you service options beyond legal counseling, such as translations, searches, and monitoring of protective rights. A network of colleagues all over the world puts us in a position where we can effectively and promptly represent your interests beyond national borders.
A central aspect of our work in each case is close co-operation and an intensive, confidential dialog with you. Moreover, we have regularly been organizing training courses, workshops and information events for keeping you up-to-date and being in close exchange with you.
If you would like to know how we can help you in a specific single case by giving optimum protection to ideas: Call us and ask for our personal and individual advice.
Our attorneys are the members of numerous national and international associations
- FICPI (International Federation of Industrial Property Attorneys)
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- LES (Licensing Executives Society Inc, Germany and USA/Canada)
- INTA (International Trademark Association)
- ITMA (Institute of Trademark Agents, Oversea's Member)
- AlPLA (American Intellectual Property Law Association)
- ECTA (European Communities Trade Mark Association)
- MARQUES (The Association of European Trade Mark Owners)
- EPI (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office)
- ABA (American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law)
- JIPA (Japan IP Association)
- Chamber of Patent Attorneys
- German Patent Attorney Association
- Bavarian Patent Attorney Association
- GRUR (German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- VPP (Association of Intellectual Property Experts)
- Patentkreis (Patentrechtliche Arbeitskreise)
- JPAA (Japan Patent Attorneys Association)
- GDCh (German Chemical Society)
- ACS (American Chemical Society)
- VDI (Association of German Engineers)
- AUTM (Association of University Technology Managers)
- GfSE / INCOSE (Society for Systems Engineering / International Council on Systems Engineering)
- GETUEM (Association for Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine)
- Clubeco (Club économique franco-allemand de Bavière)
- DJG (Deutsch-Japanische Gesellschaft in Bayern e. V.)
- MinD (Mensa in Deutschland e. V.)
- LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL
We will always provide you with personal and individual advice.
Contact us - fast and without obligation: